>Hi.  I noticed something on one of my females tonight that I've never come
>across before.  She has blood around her vagina, and on the fur between her
>back legs.  Has anyone ever seen this before with any of their female
gerbils?

1. Bleeding discharge from cycle

2.  Bleeding from an overzealous male breeding her.

3.  Bleeding because of delivery imminent or just happened.
(whether or not you find/found pups.  If there was a problem
she might have destroyed it before you find it)

4.  Bleeding from miscarry.

5.  Bleeding because of cysts, tumor, pylometria (infected
uterus).

If there's a lot of blood that's bright red, and she's not with
a male nor has been within the past six weeks, she needs
to go the the vet right away.

If it's just a little, it could be as minor as 1 or 2.

What are her cagemate(s) and is there any possibility she
could be carrying?

Or just delivered?

Has she just suddenly gotten slimmer?

Let us know.