Yes, we use the clip.  Don't want them learning how to
slide the cover over and get out.  We have a platform
that is about half the height of the tank.  Just tall
enough that they have to really stretch to sniff the
cover.  So far none of the boys have tried to jump out
but we never leave them unattended with the cover
open.  Well, except for that one time we both forgot
to slide the cover back in place.  Luckily, we didn't
have an escape and we have been very careful since
then. 8-)

--- Blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike, I made a second level and everytime I slide
> open
> the lid, I have gerbils trying to go over the top.
> *g*
> I'm removing it today. One more question -- Do you
> use
> the clip for the lid?

=====
Elaine Lynch