On 03/07/2013 13:26, Rachael wrote:
I believe I have successfully installed everything for the Web PVR
Manager version. I've tried numerous times to record individual
episodes of radio programs. Every time the same process occurs.

Just to check - did you use the get_iplayer installer, or did you get rtmpdump from somewhere else?

(1) I get a pop-up message withe header "Unsupported 16-bit
application" which says that "rtmpdump.exe cannot start or run due to
incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows." I click OK on that
error message.

It's the first time I can recall anyone reporting that. What 64-bit version of Windows are you using - XP/Vista/7/8?

(2) The Web PVR says, among other things:
WARNING: Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not support SWF Verification
WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade
INFO: skipping flashaaclow1 mode
INFO: Trying wma1 mode to record radio: [Program]

This is a consequence of (1), so really just a knock-on effect.

(3) It runs for a while that way saying it is recording then says it
completed. The problem is that it never runs for the full length of
time of the program and never records the entire program. It typically

WMA downloading can be pretty unreliable. It's only available as a fallback for the rare occasion when Flash downloading (via rtmpdump) is unavailable and you're super really incredibly desperate to download a programme. It only downloads in real time, so not much of a fallback I considered removing it from the default settings for this release. I think I'll do that for the next release.

can get the rtmpdump problem fixed and get the flashaaclow1 mode
working, that should do what I want and the files should be able to
save to my computer without having to do live recording for the entire
time of the program. If that isn't possible, I've got other programs

Yes, with a working rtmpdump you can do just that.

A few users have discovered that other programs or misbehaved installers interfere with rtmpdump. Assuming you used the get_iplayer installer, try this:

First, open the get_iplayer command prompt:

Start -> All Programs -> get_iplayer -> Get_iPlayer

Then run this command at the prompt:

set PATH=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%

That will reset the PATH Windows uses to find programs to its minimum usable value. It won't affect the rest of your system - just the window you're working in. Hopefully that will eliminate any potential interference from other programs.

Then run this command:

.\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe --help

That should print the help message from rtmpdump.

Assuming the above was successful, try a download:

get_iplayer --type radio --get bells

That should download a 3-minute radio programme, Bells on Sunday (You may get 2 episodes if you're testing on a Sunday.