On 03/07/2013 13:26, Rachael wrote:
(1) I get a pop-up message withe header "Unsupported 16-bit
application" which says that "rtmpdump.exe cannot start or run due to
incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows." I click OK on that
error message.

If you're still out there, I'd like to ascertain whether or not the particular rtmpdump build used by the get_iplayer installer is at fault. I've made another build that you can test. Download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9532068/rtmpdump-v2.4-68-gdf6c518.zip

Unzip the archive. Among its contents will be rtmpdump.exe. Back up and replace the installer version of rtmpdump.exe with the version from the zip archive. The installer version will be found at:

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

or for 64-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

Then try to download something with get_iplayer. If it works or throws a different error message than before, please reply here.