Carol Spears wrote:
> Daniel Egger wrote:
> > DocBook was written exactly for the purpose we need.
>
> as much as i love gimp, i wonder if someone got their rent paid
> from netscape.com for making that my choice regardless.  With
> everything else being so sensible in gimp, how come i did not
> get a choice that included lynx or the awesome w3m?  did you know
> w3m renders images on xterms lately?  that means it could render
> any screenshots gimp gets of itself for its help docs.

Actually, I'm not sure I see the benefits in not having html as
the primary format... Sure, we could go for a format which allows
multi-node searching (like info only better), but html docs would
have the added benefit of not needing to be local and still being
usable. And the user gets to choose what help client they use.
And most people have a browser open all the time anyway.

I'm not saying that a custom help browser is a waste of time -
but do we have the time to do it? Surely starting with docbook or
whatever and marking it up to html, with the possibility of doing
funkier stuff later, allows us to have something, quickly?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,