The single big problem with the MDI was when the toolbox and / or
other boxes remain on top of other  opened windows  when you minimize
the canvas window. Now with GIMP 2.7 things are changed so MDI will
not be such a problem. But indeed a single window app. was a necessary
step. Will be super OK if we can revert to MDI ( for designers with 2
or 3 monitors will be OK too ). At least users will have choices...

2009/9/6 Ramón Miranda <mirandagrap...@gmail.com>:
> I like modular structures becouse they allows more custom changes. So this
> way you can change your layout of panels. But if all it would be in a single
> window , ithink lot of users would thanks that. becouse i hear a lot..."
> Gimp is nice , but his gui is ugly and uncomfortable.i don´t like to see a
> lot of panels flying through my desktop"
>
> Lets give it a try to a single window mode

>> > is it possible, to switch back to multi-window mode in 2.8?
>>
>> That is not really relevant to this thread.
>> (But yes of course it will be possible.)
>>
>>  / Martin
>>
>> --
>>
>> My GIMP Blog:
>> http://www.chromecode.com/