Hi,

> Well, thus far we've had very little trouble supporting 1.0.  Even the
> configure script works properly.  1.0 is still the stable release of
> the Gimp.

I really don't understand your development cycle. We are approaching the
1.2 release but you insist on keeping the code that is going to ship with
1.2 compatible with 1.0. At the same time you start a new unstable branch
heading towards a future you know nothing about yet. Why don't you put some
effort into making the print plugin that ships with 1.2 a nice and
featureful one? Adding new printers and other sophisticated stuff is
probably a bad idea, but overworking the UI and supporting resolution info
are things that should be addressed right now.

Salut, Sven