On 25/03/17 07:34, crj414 wrote:
I posted a similar question before but I think I gave too much detail and it
wasnt clear. When I choose displace under map not all the layers show up.

Still not very clear... The Layers that can be used as a map in Filter>Map>Displace must have the same size as the target layer. Those that don't are filtered out of the selector.

The one under Generic is no longer there, even if I download the previous
version
instead of 2.8.20.

I don't see the connection with Filters>Map>Displace. The "standard" Filters>Generic menu contains, from memory: Convolution Matrix, Dilate, Erode. Everything else would be plug-ins. So you would have to find which plug-ins you added in your previous installation of Gimp (was that on another computer?) and reinstall them. But for this to be successful you would need more accurate memories.