>Still not very clear... The Layers that can be used as a map in
>Filter>Map>Displace must have the same size as the target layer. Those
>that don't are filtered out of the selector.
>I don't see the connection with Filters>Map>Displace. The "standard"
>Filters>Generic menu contains, from memory: Convolution Matrix,
>Dilate,
>Erode. Everything else would be plug-ins. So you would have to find
>which plug-ins you added in your previous installation of Gimp (was
>that
>on another computer?) and reinstall them. But for this to be
>successful
>you would need more accurate memories.

Ah. Thank you so much. I didn't realize the plugins from other sources added to
the existing filter menu. I thought all of those would be under FX or Script FU
menus. They are there now. And thanks for the other reminder. I thought they
were all the same size but when I examined them individually there was one that
was off. Thanks again. I'm a bit new to this intricate of a program so really
appreciate help.

--
crj414 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)