On Monday, November 15, 2021, 13:31:01, Ruben Safir wrote:

> In the last 40 years in the GNU field I have heard a lot of bad advise
> but rarely as bad as this.  Ignore this advise by Rick Strong and
> ditch tend micro - ASAP.

I kind of doubt that TrendMicro is the problem, given that I'm using it on my
development machine (the one where GIMP installers are built and tested; it
also runs at many of my company's clients, where I sometimes download and
install GIMP).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Large numbers of things are determined, and therefore not subject to change.
       -- Levy's First Law of the Disillusionment of the True Liberal