Re: HOW TO HIDE THE TOOLBOX & DOCKS - Thanks!!!

I was very dismayed when I first tried GIMP 2.6 and found the toolbox and
dock always on top of my image window. It meant I had to have a smaller image
window so I could see the whole image. In earlier versions, I was used to
having my mouse set to "activate and raise" whatever window it was over. That
way I could switch from toolbox to image window with a flick of the mouse. I
could keep the toolbox, image window, and dock large and easy to see, yet
instantly available. It took a while to get used to the new way, when I
originally swithched from Photoshop to GIMP. Now I would never go back to the
old ways!

It didn't help that I did not know what "Hint for toolbox/ for docks" meant.
Not knowing, I didn't try changing them.

Thanks for explaining how to get 2.6 to behave the way (I think) it should!

   --- Gimpster ---

--
Sterling