On 06/04/2011 06:21 PM, Tom Williams wrote:
On 06/04/2011 06:14 AM, Ofnuts wrote:
On 06/04/2011 02:01 AM, MM wrote:
I am not an expert, however I like to play with panoramas etcetera.
I use Gimp to retouch them once completed and I was looking for the possibility of use a watermark copyright on those photos before publishing them on photobucket.
http://www.shutterfreaks.com/Actions/WatermarkSignatures/SampleDiagonal.jpg
I am looking for something similar to the above sample, is there any one able to help and let me know how I can make it with Gimp

This is a mere bump map:

- create a text layer with your copyright and make it invisible.
- select your image layer
- Filters/Map/Bump map, and use the copyright as the bump map.

I tried this and it didn't work. Do you make the text layer with the copyright invisible by hiding the layer (clicking the eye in the layers dialog) or by reducing the opacity to 0?

When I tried this, the copyright didn't appear at all.

Peace...

Making the copyright layer invisible is just a way to get it out of the way, because that layer doesn't appear in the final image, it is only used to transform the one with the photo. You could also move it to the bottom of the stack so it is hidden by the main image.

For the rest, I was incomplete: the bump-map layer should have the size of the target layer, so:

- add layer to image
- fill with 50% gray (127,127,127)
- move to under text layer
- merge down text layer