From: rich <for...@gimpusers.com>
To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
Cc: t...@gimpusers.com
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2011 12:54 AM
Subject: [Gimp-user] WaterMark on photos

>I am not an expert, however I like to play with panoramas etcetera.
>I use Gimp to retouch them once completed and I was looking for the
>possibility of use a watermark copyright on those photos before publishing
>them on photobucket.
>
>http://www.shutterfreaks.com/Actions/WatermarkSignatures/SampleDiagonal.jpg
>
>I am looking for something similar to the above sample, is there any one able
>to help and let me know how I can make it with Gimp
>
>Thanks

Not difficult.

Add your text, size, rotate, position it.
In the text layer, select the text (by colour is always a good bet)
Now you have the selection, you can delete the text.
Apply the filter -> Decor -> Bevel to the selection.
Done.

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain protected and privileged highly confidential
material, medical and/or legal information.  Any review, retransmission,
information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material.