Hi,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 07:09:56AM -0600, Jon Winters wrote:
> Jonathan Gift wrote:
> >
> > COUTIER Eric wrote:
> > > I think it's the latests versions. Why don't you migrate to gimp-1.2 ?
> >
> > Love to. But I can't grab the compiled deb binaries on the Debian site
> > because they're compiled against sid and that means upgrading a lot of
> > libraries on my potato system and breaking stuff.
> >
> > Any suggestions welcome. I'd love to have it...
>
> Compile!  Its not hard.  Just download the source, unzip it,
> ./configure, make, su to root, and make install.

Or, you can add an apt sources line to /etc/apt/sources.list
eg:
deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

and:

apt-get -b source gimp1.2

This will compile the sid GIMP 1.2 package for you.
You may have to chase down a few libs (and get the -dev packages for them)

- Tal

--
| Tal Danzig  [EMAIL PROTECTED] |--| Linux by Libranet            |