Same problem with the upgrade thing running 1.17 also on potato have checked
_extensively_ into upgrading but it is a definate no-go :/ Major breakage on
a lot of things with the upgrade to woody. Ive decided to sit tight till
some major problems with other proggies I run are fixed.
 About the changing to transparent I usually cut the logo out and paste it
onto
á tranparent bg....bit of a hack ...and not for use with complicated logos
lol but for a simple one it works well and sometimes you get some
interesting effects :) anyway hope it helps Groetjes
VosSedai

"Cynics are made, not born."  |"Great spirits have always found violent
         K.Marx               | opposition from mediocre minds. The latter
                              | cannot understand it when a man does not
                              | thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices
                              | but honestly and courageously uses his
                              | intelligence"    -Albert Einstein-

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/