On 10/18/05, Tobias Eigen wrote:

> I have been quietly absorbing all of this, and am still absorbing. :-)
> But let me say this: we at Kabissa have a very practical orientation and
> don't really push Open Source in our trainings or through our services
> and Web site unless it's just staring in our faces as just plain better.
> Open Source Content Management Systems and other server-based tools and
> desktop applications like Firefox and Thunderbird spring straight to
> mind.

Hi Tobias,

Having met you, I respect Kabissa's stance on this. I simply have one
thing to request - where Kabissa trains with proprietary software, allow
for a Free Software/Open Source option, and if there are problems that
you see - please, share them. I know that you know this, but I write
this also for the benefit of others.

For instance, when it comes to office software, Kabissa may train people
with Microsoft Office. While in my eyes I see this as the propagation of
a trade subsidy, I understand the practicality involved. However,
something such as OpenOffice.org is compatible, is downloadable at no
cost, and can help employ local developers as well - at an international
level. Sometimes you have to be careful of the sign you stand in front
of, because you don't know what is on the sign. :-)

The best from Trinidad - I hope all is well on your end of the world.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad

http://www.knowprose.com