On 02/20/10 14:37, Ian Lynagh wrote:
There's also HIntegerByInt:
     http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2007-August/007909.html
although it would need to be changed to user lower level types etc.

that's true, (I wrote it), the current form uses a list-based implementation with a lot of recursion and I'd have to see how well that converts to some sort of array [at least I assume arrays are the only reasonable storage layout...]. I used a couple algorithms to make operations faster (at least multiplication -- I don't remember the details) so it might be useful code to pick up again. I have a bit of time now, if anyone's seriously interested, I could work on haskell integer code. As long as I had certain standards

-what am I trying to accomplish (at least, performance-wise)?
-what might be a good low-level format? (And is it important to strew unboxed ints all over the place, or is it fine to skip this and count on the optimizer?)

-Isaac