I think it would be great to have a benchmark, to test Integer performance at various implementations. Perhaps it could test speed of Int, Int64, Int32 as well (for computations that fit within them). I suppose tight numeric loops are key to measuring performance in a useful way (except for incredibly larger Integers). Are there existing benchmarks? (If not, is there a good benchmarking library that I ought to use if I try to write a benchmark?)