Thank you Mark,
                           You are absolutely right. I made a mistake while
giving the command. It is
running fine after giving the command  "mpirun -np 4 mdrun_mpi ...."
 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Sarbani

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 Mark Abraham wrote :
>sarbani chattopadhyay wrote:
>>  Hi everybody,
>>                     I am facing problem while running parallel runs. Ours is
>> a single Mac Os X
>>machine with 2 dual core processors.
>>
>>Thus the hostfile taht I made was
>>mac-pros-computer.local cpu=2
>>mac-pros-computer.local cpu=2
>>
>>When I use the command "lamboot" I get the message
>>
>>LAM 7.0.6/MPI 2 C++/ROMIO - Indiana University
>>
>>n-1<21286> ssi:boot:base:linear: booting n0 (mac-pros-computer.local)
>>n-1<21286> ssi:boot:base:linear: finished
>>
>>Then when i try to run mdrun_mpi on 4 processors with the command
>>nohup mdrun_mpi -v -s 4cpu_3rdvel.tpr -np 4 -N 4 -deffnm 4cpu_3rdvel &
>>I get the error message:
>>"run input file 4cpu_3rdvel.tpr was made for 4 nodes,
>>             while mdrun_mpi expected it to be for 1 nodes"
>>

>>That means my hostfile could not specify that there are 4 processors. Then
>>how to write
the
>>hostfile correctly so as to fix this problem?
>
>There need be nothing wrong with your hostfile. The hostfile describes the
>layout and
range of MPI possibilities. When you run an MPI program, the default is to use
only one MPI
process. If you want more, use mpirun properly, e.g. mpirun -np 4 mdrun_mpi.
These days
one doesn't need to give -np 4 to mdrun_mpi, but the converse is not true.

>Mark
>Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www interface or
>send it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]