Hi,

This question has been asked several times before on this list.
The proper way to handle this in Gromacs is to introduce two dummy mass
particles
in such a way the total mass and the moment of inertia is identical to CO2.
Then you can construct the positions of the three mass-less C and O atoms from
the positions of the masses using virtual sites (see the manual).

Berk