Dear gmx users,

I am sorry to ask this question again, but reading in the email achieve did not
enlighten me. I found this email which describes my problem, but unfortunately
it has no replies:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-July/034950.html

Also there are these two recently emails:
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-January/047767.html
<http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-January/047767.html> , but I
am still in doubt.

So my question is regarding the unsaturated lipid chain of POPC. I would like
to calculate the order parameters for my united atoms so I make first an index
file with the tail atoms from the carbonyl-C to the methyl-C and then I run
g_order -od. Then I make a new index file with the two atoms of the double bond
and the atom before and after the double bond (four atoms in total) running
g_order -unsat -od

I then take the two values from the last g_order run and replace them with the
order parameters for the double bond calculated without -unsat. When looking at
the graph and comparing to the literature this graph it looks wrong: First
there is a small dip in the order for the atom before the double bond, then it
goes a bit up for the first double bonded C, and then for the next double
bonded C and the atom after that the order is quite low. I know this
description is not good, but it was just to explain, that the graph is not as
expected.

I would very much appreciated if anyone could tell me, where I go wrong.

Thank you,

Sarah