On 25/12/2010 11:03 PM, mustafa bilsel wrote:
Hi Justin,
maybe I am making a mistake with installation. What I am doing is this:
I am creating a diretory called DSSP, then I write
rsync -avz rsync://rsync.cmbi.ru.nl/dssp/  <http://rsync.cmbi.ru.nl/dssp/>
/home/m/DSSP/

on the terminal, and then file transfer starts. Then I write export DSSP=/home/m/DSSP/dssp (pointing the exe file). In above procedures there is NO INSTALLATION. If any installation is required?

We don't support DSSP. Please read their instructions and follow them. If you can't follow them, please communicate the problem to them so they can fix it.

Another important thing is that I couldn't copy dssp to anywhere with copy dssp /..... command, but I can do it cp -r dssp /.... It means that dssp isnot a file, it seems a folder. And I also see uncompressed zip explanation near the dssp.

OK, so if it's a folder, open it and look for the executable to work out its fully-qualified name...

I have written axactly what I did so far.

No, you've used some frustrating ellipses, instead of copying and pasting from your terminal, thereby leaving us the option of presuming you've done something wrong.

Mark

Maybe it will help you to understand the mistake.

Thank you for your kind interests

best wishes
Mustafa