Marzinek, Jan wrote:
Dear Gromacs Users,

I used PRODRG server in order to obtain the topology file for my molecule (52 atoms with all hydrogens). However, server generated Gromacs topology which involves 47 atoms (for PDB file with polar/aromatic hydrogens). Whether I will use the pdb file with missing 4 hydrogen that wont be a good apporximation. How to overcome this?

The Gromos96 force fields are united-atom force fields and may not use all the H atoms your input coordinates did. If you suspect some issue with protonation state, PRODRG can be forced into certain protonation with the ADDHYD or DELHYD keywords. Be advised, of course, of the usual caveats regarding the quality of PRODRG topologies:

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/PRODRG#Tips

MILES-IGERT Trainee