Dear James,

On 05/11/13 11:16, James Starlight wrote:
My suggestions:

1) During compilstion using -march=corei7-avx-i I have obtained error that
somethng now found ( sorry I didnt save log) so I compile gromacs without
this flag

2) I have twice as better performance using just 1 gpu by means of

mdrun -ntmpi 1 -ntomp 12 -gpu_id 0 -v  -deffnm md_CaM_test

than using of both gpus

mdrun -ntmpi 2 -ntomp 12 -gpu_id 01 -v  -deffnm md_CaM_test

in the last case I have obtained warning

WARNING: Oversubscribing the available 12 logical CPU cores with 24 threads.
          This will cause considerable performance loss!

here you are requesting 2 thread mpi processes each with 12 openmp threads, hence a total of 24 threads however even with hyper threading enabled there are only 12 threads on your machine. Therefore, only allocate 12. Try

mdrun -ntmpi 2 -ntomp 6 -gpu_id 01 -v  -deffnm md_CaM_test

or even

mdrun -v  -deffnm md_CaM_test

I believe it should autodetect the GPUs and run accordingly for details of how to use gromacs with mpi/thread mpi openmp and GPUs see

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Acceleration_and_parallelization

Which describes how to use these systems

Richard

How it could be fixed?
All gpu are recognized correctly

2 GPUs detected:
   #0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN, compute cap.: 3.5, ECC:  no, stat:
compatible
   #1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN, compute cap.: 3.5, ECC:  no, stat:
compatible

James