On 11/9/13 4:16 PM, rajat desikan wrote:
Hi Justin,
I take it that both the sets of parameters should produce identical
macroscopic quantities.
For the GPU, is this a decent .mdp?

cutoff-scheme    = Verlet
vdwtype             = switch
rlist                    = 1.2
;rlistlong             = 1.4                     NOT USED IN GPU...IS THIS
OK?
rvdw                   = 1.2
;rvdw-switch        = 1.0                    NOT USED IN GPU...IS THIS OK?
coulombtype       = pme
DispCorr             = EnerPres
rcoulomb            = 1.2

I have no basis for saying whether or not it will produce correct results. I have never tested this force field on GPU with the Verlet scheme. My biggest concern is with the treatment of van der Waals interactions, and I have not used the Verlet scheme enough to understand what it is doing and how it will treat the interactions that should be switched. If someone else can comment, that would be useful to me, as well!

Test carefully and please report back. A comparison between CPU and GPU would be very valuable.

-Justin

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Justin Lemkul [via GROMACS] <