On 11/10/13 7:18 PM, bharat gupta wrote:
I checked the file hbnum.xvg file and it contains three columns - time,
hbonds, hbonds that donot follow the angle criteria. In that case SS1 is

The third column is not actually H-bonds, then ;)

the average of actual hbonds (2nd column ) and SS2 is the average of 3rd
column. Am I right here or not ??

Yes.

I tried to calculate the h-bond for residues 115-118 individually, and then
checked the average for each residue. For single residue calculation, the
g_analyze average value is correct.

But when I calculate the h-bond as a range 115-118, I get the g_analyze
value as 1.62 . I calculated the average manually in excel, got the average
values as 16.2 [which is (g_analyze avg value)/10].

That is impossible. You cannot get a different average by examining the same numbers. Read the g_analyze output again - I am willing to bet that you're not seeing the exponent of the scientific notation.

I then added up the average values of h-bonds of individual residues and
the final comes around 16.2, same as that of the 115-118 range h-bonds.
This means that my calculation is correct.

I also used trjorder to calculate h-bond at distance 0.34 for residues
115-118. I got the average value around 2.51 from g_analyze, where as
manual calculation gives 25.1. I don't knw why for the range the g_analyze
give avg as (actual avg value)/10 ??

Why does trjorder and g_hbond gives different number of hydrogen bonds for
the same residue set??

All of this comes down to correctly reading the screen output. I have no idea what you're doing with trjorder, though. It doesn't measure H-bonds.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy