On Tuesday 10 January 2006 06:05 pm, Travis Roy wrote:

> Just let it go, if you think it's somebody "cheating" then don't
> answer, or give them a vague answer or point them to places where
> they can learn about it rather then copy it off of.

    That is my technique too.  I get to answer a lot of questions about
IR optics and detector physics on my web site.  If it appears I am
doing someone's term project, I start outlining how to get the answers
to the problem rather than giving the answers.

    I must confess, though, that I have a hard time keeping my mouth
(keyboard) shut if I know the answer.

    There have always been cheaters, but the American culture has
changed dramatically in the last 40 years.  "Claiming the work of
others as your own" has become completely accepted.

Jim Kuzdrall