Dave Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Every broadcast channel.  In my case that's the HD versions of: 2, 4,
> 5, 7, 9, 25, 38 last I checked
>
> In addition, comcast sends 2 version of the analog channels over the
> coax.  An analog version for for people without set-top boxes and a
> digital SD version for people with digital set-top boxes.

[...]
> The pcHDTV card can get the unencrypted SD digital version too.
>
> This allows me to avoid the "digital [coax] -> set-top box -> analog
> [composite] -> capture card -> digital" conversion of the Hauppauge
> Card. MythTV only uses the Hauppauge card if there is a conflict or for
> channels that are encrypted.

So, are you saying that a MythTV with an HD capture card can detect
and use those channels from Comcast *without* having a set-top box?

My TV is HD capable, but I have no set-top box because it wasn't worth
the $10/month to me.  It would be a big win if by building a MythTV
box, I could also get access to those channels!

--
Seeya,
Paul