On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Michael ODonnell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I once lucked out and found a YouTube video showing a tech
> disassembling exactly the laptop model I was working on,
> including all the secret/hidden catches and fasteners that
> you normally only find out about *after* you've damaged them...

  Dell usually posts their field service manuals on their web site,
and they're pretty good, with lots of pictures.  The caveat fror the
OP is that the Inspiron line is not designed to be easily field
servicable (the Latitude line is), so the field service manual might
not cover screen replacement for that model.

-- Ben