OpenOffice has the same feature. I use it all the time to print booklets. And I
use it to make paper inserts for my Franklin Planner.
Here's what you do.
Tools / Options / OOo Writer / Print
   Check "Brochure"
Format / Page / Change page size to whatever (I use half a standard sheet, so
5.5 x 8.5)
Shrink the margins to what you want.
Set up headers, footers, etc.
Change printer settings to print on both sides of the page.
Then print the first 4 pages and see if they come out in booklet format.
Susan