On 07/31/2012 07:40 AM, David Rysdam wrote:
> I think people just don't like talking to TVs. It's like flying cars.
> Sounds good in principle and the science works, but doesn't actual fit
> the human world.

Y'know... I kind of agree, and kind of disagree.  I can't quite figure
out why the difference.  But, while I think talking to a desk phone with
a video feed would be kinda weird, I find myself chatting with my wife,
over Google Talk, with video on my Samsung S3 fairly regularly.
Granted, it's usually when I have my daughter with me -- it's fun
letting her say "goodbye" when I drop her off at daycare, and actually
*see* Mommy.  Maybe it's novelty, maybe it's just because it's so darn
easy, maybe it's because it's family, but it is fun.

$.02,

-Ken