Not exactly related, but I just switched from windows 7 on my primary
machine to Ubuntu 16.x LTS. I found it horribly slow, which surprised me
considering it's a faster machine, more ram, and an SSD, over my 14.x LTS
machine. I then tried Ubuntu Mate and I may just jump over to Centos.

Maybe I need to poke at what services I have running first.

Richard Kolb II