Ben Scott wrote:

>  I think Ed intended to send this here.  Regardless, I'm copying it
>here for those who are sub'ed to this list and not -discuss.

The plan around the quarterly meetings is that we have a large joint
meeting across all GNHLUG chapters, and in a month where there is a
quarterly meeting the individual chapters meet with a free form agenda,
Q&A, troubleshoot or some other thing that facilitates a group of people
being around at the regular meeting time without having a speaker that
might detract from the quarterly meeting.

>I believe it is also a good thing to have a presentation or two
>in the can for use when the original plans fall apart.  Seems
>that with all the people we have that should not be hard.
>

>I mean just think of the possibilities for Ben to talk. <g>
>Seriously, I believe there is enough talent to enable GNHLUG to
>always have a presentation ready on relatively short notice if
>needed.  Isn't that why we have a list of presenters or
>presentations somewhere on the website?

The point of quarterly meetings is to have a big name speaker that would
draw people from around the state.  I mean no offense, but most of our
members wouldn't drive two hours to hear Ben talk (I realize you were
kidding, but I'm trying to put it in perspective).  Rik's talk on
Spamakasi was expected to have the draw we're looking for, and
especially since we scheduled this as a joint meeting, I think that we
owe it to everyone to do our best to find another presenter with a
strong appeal across a broad audience.

This doesn't help us towards a solution, but hopefully it puts us all on the
same page so we can figure out what to do next.

Heather