On Apr 19, 2006, at 8:52 AM, Jon maddog Hall wrote:

So what happens if no one from "a small and remote chapter" WANTS to
run? Are you going to force them to run? Hog tie them and whip them until
they agree to run?  "You WILL have representation," Ted shouts. :-)

Excellent point. I'm warming to your idea of one election slate GNHLUG-wide;)

While universal representation is an admirable goal, the reality is that we're likely to find around 8 volunteers group-wide to run.

So, one slate of GNHLUG-wide candidates for whatever-we're-calling- the-executive-board and choose one chapter-LUG to vote for, and as many SIGs as interested. "Seven from column A, one from Column B, any you want from column C." That works for me.

Other ideas?

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com