On 10/22/07, Heather Brodeur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ... the checks themselves (I'd recommend the
> organization name and our mailing address).

  That's what I'm going to ask for.  Of course, that means Ted's name
will still be on the checks.  :)

> Going back to my teller training years, it's unusual for the
> signatures on a check to be verified unless it's legitimacy
> is questioned (sorry if this greatly dismays anyone) ...

  Yah, I've read the same.  But I've also read that it matters when it
comes to who is responsible.  If a bank pays an unauthorized check,
and you can demonstrate that, the bank has to eat the loss.  Of
course, that likely varies with jurisdiction and specifics, too.

  In any event, whatever the rules are, we're stuck with 'em, so it's
mostly academic.

> I would recommend that we create the account with 3 signatories, get
> dual signature checks, and don't raise the question about who can sign
> the checks unless they bring it up.

  I plan on asking, just so we know.  Banks are not known for being forgiving.

-- Ben