Good call on the clarification issue.

For clarification, I set up an account for Linux International, not
GNHLUG.  I would not have set up an account for GNHLUG without first
posting to this list and getting agreement to do this.

I was just reacting to Ben's frustration by suggesting a bank that had
actually set up an account (New Hampshire Incorporated non-profit
membership-based association) for me, and did it in a space of about 1/2
hour.  So that Ben knows that I don't have some type of "magical touch",
I had also tried to do this through the Digital Credit Union and was
unsuccessful.  I was actually going to use Ben's suggestion of St.
Mary's bank, but Ocean was on the correct side of the street, so I went
there first.  At first they hedged a bit, but when they saw "non-profit"
on the Certificate of Good Standing that I got from the State of New
Hampshire, they were fine.

I agree with Bill's assessment:

        Do we want two signatures on a check or two signers on an
        account?   Just want to make sure the terminology is straight.

        Typically the setup is that the treasurer can't write himself a
        check (the president typically signs those, so has to be a
        signer on the account) and if the Treasurer does write himself a
        check for booze and fast times, he's going to be
        fired/clubbed/charged.

Trying to get two people (particularly in a far-flung organization) to
sign each and every check is TOO HARD.  I would vote for one signature
and diligent monitoring.

But having two (or more) singers on the account makes a lot of sense
for a lot of reasons (accidental death of the treasurer by clubbing
comes to mind)

md

--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several
countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used
pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.