On Monday 05 November 2007 09:46, Ted Roche wrote:
> David J. Berube did a little analysis and here's what he got (with
> his permission, forwarding to the group)

    Nice job, David Berube!

    An additional dimension to map is the attendance against some
measures of the topic.  This might be done by assigning a 1 to 5 (or 0
to 4) score to each topic in each measure, 1 (0) being no relevance.
Then sort the topic table by score to see how strong the correlation is
in the attendance column.  (A mathematical, true correlation is an
optional exercise.)

    It is expected that some topics will score high (or low) in several
measures.

Some measures to consider:

1) useful for professional computer systems work
2) useful for home computer enthusiast
3) involved some audience participation or hardware demo
4) hardware: installing, building, troubleshooting
5) software: language, programming, diagnostics, web
6) system security, privacy
7) user oriented application: graphics, word processing, file processing
8) Linux at the command line level

    These are just some seeds to get thinking started; better measures
may come to mind as the topics are examined more closely.

    Note also, that some presentations must have been missed in the
reports.  (Actually, it is mostly thanks to Ted that there are so many
attendance reports.)  I know, for example that Andy Bair gave more than
one presentation, and the one I attended had 12 people or so, as I
recall.  Also, Mad Dog = MadDog and Rob Anderson = RobertAnderson.
Nevertheless, three cheers for the Python crew.

Jim Kuzdrall