Paul Lussier wrote:

> Majordomo is the most often used.  I don't know too much about it other than
> it's quite robust and configurable.  There's a bunch out there, but I don't
> know anything about them either.

Being written in perl, majordomo is also fairly heavy weight and
can get painful if you are hosting lots of mailing lists.

Smartlist is my preference. It is by the same person who wrote
the widely used procmail package.  There are modifications available
to add various types of filtering based on content, for example
chain letters, various attachment types (ms-tnef), etc.

See http://www.procmail.org/ for a kit.

-marc
--
Marc Nozell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://www.nozell.com/