OK

I've lived with the classic "sendmail hangs for 3 minutes at boot" for long
enough.  I've read the FAQs.  I've searched the net.  The problem is simple,
I don't know several things my ISP won't tell me and I don't understand email
well enough to figure this out myself.  For example, the notion of "my domain".
What's that ?  My email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]  As far as I know my
computer has a name "grumpers".  But I'd bet breakfast that email to any address
containing the string "grumpers" would bounce.

If any of you are email/TCP gurus and would like to help, please send an email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (And if you you need a smiley after that, your
as hurtin' as I am).

I know this is a simple configuration thing, but I can't get it right.  My
stack of yet to read O'Reilly books is growing faster than kudzu in July and
the TCP book is deep in the stack.  I've got a single malt for the answer to
this one.

 --
Standard is better than better.  If your web page cares what browser I'm using
it's broken.