For the reasonably bored, I just figured out how the MD5 enabled crypt
function in unix works, and holy ugly.

  Basically, it takes a password and a salt.  It then starts a 1000 iteration
loop.  It then hashes the result of the hash iterativly, using the sale every
3rd time, the original password every 7th time, and all other times, use the
results of the last hash.  Upon further reading, they did this becouse MD5
hashing isn't slow.  They figured if the implementation required you to do it
1000 times, it would slow down crack attacks of the resulting hash.

  Useless knowledge I suppose, but I found it interesting.  Ok, hideouse AND
interesting, but still..  ;-P

---
Thomas Charron
<< Wanted: One decent sig >>