On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Ray Bowles wrote:

> *** On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 at 1:24pm Derek D. Martin shared this with the class::
>
> I completely understand, but I was refering more to the relation of
> problems in RedHat's "CRAP" distro rather than the Microsoft
> numbers. Everybody knows how the results are computed. So regardless of
> what numbers M$ is showing RH is still following in there footsteps of
> putting out software before it is ready (or secure) and creating fodder
> for the Windows world to throw at Linux systems. Personally (and I'm not
> looking to start a distro war) I like Debian and OpenBSD and I like how
> they faired against the other offerings. I'm glad to see their hard work
> and adherence to strick standards are paying off!

OK, you say you're not looking to start a distro war then procveed to
spend the remainder of you message trashing RedHat and praising Debian.
But you don't want to start a distro war?

I could go on, (and I started to, but deleted it,) but I'm really not
going to get into a distro war.

--
Thomas M. Albright (Linux user number 234357)
  Amendment IV