On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Mansur, Warren wrote:
> Just a quick question.  Does nmap rely on being able to connect to a
> particular website to download the TCP fingerprints, or are they included
> with the program when installed?

  AFAIK, nmap is completely self-contained, although I haven't looked at the
code.

> For some reason I can't seem to use nmap when I'm behind the corporate
> firewall, even on local nodes.

  There are other things that could interfere.  Your system might not have
all the right network access support configured (raw sockets and the like),
or you might lack sufficient privileges if you are not running as root.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>