[EMAIL PROTECTED] forged:
>I changed my mind; I take back everything I just said.
>GPG is useless and everyone who uses it are a bunch of
>kneebiting jerks who'll be the first against the wall
> when the $%@! hits the fan...

My point has never been that forgery is impossible,
so your forgery stunt illustrates...  what?  It's
like sucker-punching a coworker who is unconvinced
by any of your other attempts to persuade him that
the workplace is a dangerous environment.

  "There!  You see??!  That PROVES it!"

My point has always been simply that this channel has
a blessedly high S/N ratio that is worth preserving,
and pointlessly cluttered messages degrade it.

PGP is pointless here because this channel (and
GNHLUG in general) is a safe environment.  If it
ever got to the point where I had to wonder if a
given message here was forged, my response would
not be to inflict PGP clutter on everybody else.
I would simply interpret that as the death of the
GNHLUG and be sadly on my way.

In the meantime, though, since forgery is a total
non-issue on this channel, the PGP clutter is
no more appropriate here than any of the other
clutter (eg.  HTML, TNEF, RichText, etc, etc...)
so please allow me to beg y'all not to inflict
it on the rest of us.

  --Michael O'Donnell