Yesterday, I responded to Microsoft^WSun's so-called 'Reality-Check' at
http://www.sun.com/executives/realitycheck/reality-022002.html with this
response:
==
  Very Informative in one sense, that is: This article makes it clear that Sun
is no better than Microsoft when addressing competitive threats in public.
It is disingenuous at best, marketing drivel at worst.  And this coming from
someone who has long hated Microsoft and long appreciated Sun's openness.
Until, that is, it's behavior with Java (refusal to certify open source
implementations) and it's reaction to the Free Software / Linux threat came
to the surface.
  IBM, on the other hand, is taking the intelligent position: Observe where
the world of software is going and embrace it.    Though I am cautious and
skeptical of Big Blue's participation in the Free Software / open source
communities, what I've seen so far puts Sun to shame.
==
  And then, our good friend Moshe Bar posts his excellent response on
Byte.  Nice to a good technical critique a glaring marketing flub-up:

http://www.byte.com/documents/s=7030/byt1015006951867/0304_moshe.html

  Yes, perhaps my post to Sun's site was bit reactionary, but I felt the
company needed to here from someone used have some degree of faith in its
good intentions and has since lost most of it.

  Read Moshe Bar's article, however.  He does a much better job than I
did (hey, they only provided me that little teeny-weeny box ;-)).

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator