Tom Rauschenbach said:

>I have never used a spreadsheet before but I need one now.  I just tried
>Kspread but there appears to be no documentation.  Is it compatible with
>something that IS documented ?  Or can someone suggest a different
>spreadsheet tool.  I'm neither picky nor demanding, I just need something
>simple and capable.
>
>Obviously I'm a KDE user so a GNOME tool starts out with one strike against
>it, unless somebady can convince me that I can run GNOME tools.

Well, gnumeric is good enough to install gnome for.  You can still run
it under KDE, just like I run some KDE tools under GNOME.

gnumeric's excel file translation is good enough that you shouldn't
need staroffice or excel.

Staroffice is another possibility but it's slow & big.

For very basic, sc is out there ....

>Thanks
>
>TomR

-------