I have not used GNUmeric, but I have use Star Office as well as M$ Excel. While SO
(5.2) is
bloatware as is M$Office, 6.0 is a major improvement. I use Star Office primarily for
my classroom
presentations at Northeastern. I did not want to switch versions mid-quarter, but I
plan to upgrade
to 6.0 when Sun officially releases it.
http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/6.0beta/
On 8 Mar 2002 at 18:51, Tom Rauschenbach wrote:
> I have never used a spreadsheet before but I need one now.  I just tried
> Kspread but there appears to be no documentation.  Is it compatible with
> something that IS documented ?  Or can someone suggest a different
> spreadsheet tool.  I'm neither picky nor demanding, I just need something
> simple and capable.
>
> Obviously I'm a KDE user so a GNOME tool starts out with one strike against
> it, unless somebady can convince me that I can run GNOME tools.
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9