Robert Casey, Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 08:49:11AM -0500:
> Hello again,
>
>       I'm still working on getting NIS tuned the way we want it but I'm
>       having trouble finding the info. I need. Once again I'm fairly new to Unix
> and brand new to Redhat linux. Basically, I get documentation concerning
> the configuration of NIS on line but everything seems to be bits and pieces
> of information. I read the man pages but they confuse me even more. Can
> anyone recommend a book, whether it be on line or something I have to
> order, that's like an NIS for dummies. In other words something that will
> not assume I know anything about NIS. I'm running Redhat 7.2 that I
> purchased and it is installed on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with a Pentium 2
> 333MHZ processor.

FWIW, the Unix System Administrators Handbook (Evi Nemeth, ISBN
0-13-020601-6) has a section on NIS that covers Red Hat.  There is also
a newer version of the book called Linux Admiistrators Handbook which
covers Red Hat, Suse, and Debian.  Not as in depth as the O'Reilly book
but a good overview/big picture.