O'Reilly just came out with the 2nd edition of NFS and NIS.  The 1st
edition is 1991 & SunOS specific.  I haven't looked at the new one as I
don't do NIS nowadays, but I sure prayed for it to cover something
other then SunOS in the days of Solaris 2.5.1.  I'd grab it in a second
if I was doing NIS.

The Nemeth Purple (red previously) has a section on NIS too.  You
should have that book if you're doing sys admin anyways.  If its NIS
isn't enough, get the O'Reilly book.

Robert Casey said:
>Hello again,
>
>       I'm still working on getting NIS tuned the way we want it but I'm havin
>trouble finding the info. I need. Once again I'm fairly new to Unix and
>brand new to Redhat linux. Basically, I get documentation concerning the
>configuration of NIS on line but everything seems to be bits and pieces of
>information. I read the man pages but they confuse me even more. Can anyone
>recommend a book, whether it be on line or something I have to order,
>that's like an NIS for dummies. In other words something that will not
>assume I know anything about NIS. I'm running Redhat 7.2 that I purchased
>and it is installed on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with a Pentium 2 333MHZ processor.
>
>Bob Casey

-------
Tom Buskey