No, all the ISP engineers are going to unplug all their wires, modems,
routers, and thoroughly clean them to make sure there are no loose bits.
When the net comes back up, performance should be much better because all
email that has been in limbo for years will have been removed.

On 29 Mar 2002 at 16:49, Rich C wrote:

> Are you sure that's not just a .NET shutdown?
>
> What program are they using? Norton Internet Sweep 2001?
>
> Do I have to physically unplug my machines or is leaving them off
> enough?
>
> If I leave my computer on will my Browser cache be cleaned out too?
>
> Do they have a backup of the internet in case something goes wrong?

Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9