In a message dated: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:56:13 EST
"Jerry Feldman" said:

>No, all the ISP engineers are going to unplug all their wires, modems,
>routers, and thoroughly clean them to make sure there are no loose bits.

Well, there is that, but I believe I might have read somewhere that
one of the major backbone carriers is planning on snaking their fiber
optic cables.  It seems that a bunch of '1' bits have gotten stuck
sideways in the fiber over the years and is really causing a backup
of data flow along major trunk lines.
--

Seeya,
Paul